This recipe falls in between the two categories. Pickles likes them but we can manage to keep our hands off. I try and use different vegetables every week and it works each time. I've used zucchini, mushrooms, baby corn, corn kernels, tomatoes and spinach in different combinations.
Pardon the unflattering picture. I was too tired to get better pictures.
This is what I used
Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
Self raising flour- 1 cup
Shredded/ grated veggies - 2 cups ( I used red bell peppers, carrots, peas and green onions)
Some spices: I used basil (as much or as little as you like)
Eggs- 2 nos
Grated cheddar cheese- 2 cups
Milk- 1.5 cups
Salt- to taste
Here's how I made them.
1) Pre-heat the oven to 180 C.
2) Mix the sifted flours and all the veggies together in a bowl.
3) Add in the salt, spices and cheese.
4) Beat the eggs and mix in the milk in a separate bowl.
5) Add the liquid ingredients into the flour mixture slowly and fold them nicely together.
6) Grease some silicone muffin tins and pour the batter until two-thirds full.
7) Bake for 25 minutes or until a dipped toothpick comes out clean.
8) Cool on a cooling rack.
9) Now you can try them on your toddler.
Let me know how it goes.