Sunday, September 16, 2012

Notes to self: Snippets from this trip


A hot bath on a cold and rainy day after dragging your heavy bags through unknown places is probably the best thing that can happen to you.

A combination of rain and the cold is killer. Give me a sunny day instead of a cold and rainy day, any day ;)

A hot cup of soup, even if it is just Campbell's in a tin cup, is amazing in this cold weather. Well, of course you knew I was gonna say that already!

It's amazing how good a scenic view can make you feel. I only say it out of experience. I didn't believe until now that the beauty you see can actually make you so happy. How can you not be happy when you are in such a beautiful place!

No matter how long the holiday is, the day will always come when you have to go back. 

I always felt we should have stayed at this place for a while longer. There is so much more to see. But I felt this in every single place I went to.

Someday I want to rent/own a caravan/ motorhome and come back and visit all these places again.

Reminder to self: try traveling lighter. Getting from point A to point B with a suitcase is ok. But not getting from A to B to C to D and back to A again.

Oh How I dread to come back to the land of doing dishes and going back to work  again. Shudder!

I really need another vacation to get over this one!

No comments: