Sunday, July 24, 2011

Don't ask me if I know you


Has somebody ever come up to you and said “ Hi, (your name), do you remember me” and you don’t have a clue who that person is. It happened to me today.
I am usually not forgetful and I don’t generally forget people but this was one exception.
This girl came up to me after a class and said, “ Hi, how are you?” 
Looking at the blank look on my face, she said, “ You are Maya, aren’t you?” and I said, “Err, yes.”
“Do you remember me?”, she asked.
And the faintest idea of seeing her somewhere ran in my head.
“Oh yes. I do. Of course I do.”
And she had to embarrass me further. “Do you remember my name? “
I gave her a sheepish grin before she told me. “My name is xxxxxx.”
So embarrassing!!


2 comments:

Roopa said...

This happened to me just yesterday in a restaurant. I met a lady whose face I could place in my memory but nothing else. Just smiled at her and looked away. Tasked my brain so hard for quite some time. And then my lil dotty came in and identified her classmate and his mom. What a relief my restless brain had!

Maya said...

Good thing is she dint have to come and remind you herself ;). The worse is the guilt that comes with it. You feel so bad that you actually forgot the person.