Friday, December 31, 2010

2010: In Retrospect


It’s that time again. I thought I should make it a tradition. Look back and see how it was. The year, I mean.  When I started to write this post, I realized I don’t remember much of what happened in 2010. I guess it is because the year just rushed past by and it seems almost like yesterday when I was making plans for New Year eve (last year’s).

This year, I traveled a bit.  Made a few trips to Malaysia and yes, that trip to Switzerland and Italy finally happened. I attended my first conference and made a little progress with my research.  This year was mostly about work, work and more work. I haven’t blogged as much as I wanted to. I invested in a new (er) hobby. I bought myself a good camera. But I haven’t used it as much as I would have liked to.  I haven’t done a lot of things I’ve wanted to. I haven’t had as much fun as I would’ve liked.
This year has seen me grow up…a lot. And no, turning 30 had nothing to do with it. I look at myself now and I realize I am not the person I was a year ago. I don’t like this person I’ve become though.

Then I thought, what the hell…let me change all that. It is a good time for that, right? So I've made a resolution. I’m going to slow down. I will smell the roses. I will take time to do things I want to do. I will have more fun. Yeah, I’ll work too but I’ll try and balance life a little better. I don’t know how I’m going to do it but I’ll try.

So 2011, here I come. A newer, better version of me :) Happy New Year!

No comments: