Monday, April 5, 2010

So Helpless!



There are some things that you think can never happen to you. And when they do, it hits you so bad that it knocks you down. A very close relative of mine got diagnosed with cancer a couple of years ago. She underwent chemo and radiation and all the painful ordeal of the damned disease. She fought it with all she had. And now it’s back with a vengeance. And I don’t know if she has it in her to fight it again.

It’s a well-known fact that we don’t know it all. In spite of the so-called “development”, we don’t really have an answer to all the questions. It hits you most when you know someone who is suffering from the big C.  You think that the best doctors can help you and they will help you through it but the truth is they don’t know it all too. They tell you that you have little hope and they tell you there’s only so much they can do. I know I’m being silly but wtf.

I really wish nobody had to suffer from this maniacal disease, that handicaps you in all possible ways, mentally, physically and financially. There are a million institutes out there doing research on cancer but we still can’t fight it like we should. I really don’t know if there is a right answer and if someone will ever get to it. I don’t know if anyone cares so much until somebody they care about fights it. But in the end, I hope they do find ways to fight cancer…I really hope they do.

And until they do, all you can do is pray and pray hard that someone is listening.

No comments: