Wednesday, August 15, 2018

After a long hiatus


It has been a while since I last posted or even visited this space. I landed here while I was looking for something . As I was reading my earlier posts, it made me feel happy, sad and nostalgic and I  was very glad that I had all this, written up somewhere.  All of a sudden, I was asking myself why my last post was in 2016. It has been a good two years and I haven’t really recorded anything that happened in the interim. I had promised myself that I would chronicle as much of my journey with Pickles and life in general but I let myself down. It’ll suffice to say, life got in the way. That said, when the time is right, motivation comes calling and I think it’s about time I made a comeback to storing memories here.

A lot has happened in the last two years:

-       Pickles started school. Although he started school much earlier at a small establishment near home where he would spend 2 hours every day confined to a tiny room with 5 other children and 2 teachers, did he like it there? I’ll just say he would be the first one out, every.single.day!
-       We have now found a school we both love, it has almost been 2 years now. A home outside home (a part of my village), which is grooming him with just the things I would have. We love the teachers and the fact that the school is just right on the other side of the street is an added bonus. We love the uninhibited play, outdoors and the music.
-       We also introduced screen-time for Pickles. It is worthy of a post in itself. For now it’ll suffice to say he really looks forward to Friday evenings.
-       As for me, I accepted more responsibilites at work. Of course it came with perks. I have my own office which is such a nice thing (it has its good and bad) and I also do realise that you lose friends along the way. And now your colleagues are just that.
-       Thanks to the new position, I’ve had opportunities to travel solo. I’ve been to Germany, Sweden, London and the USA, in a span of 2 years. I have given talks and generally tried to make my mark in the field. In the process, I am beginning to understand myself more and I am trying to forge a better relationship with myself.
-       I have been reading, a lot, when compared to the little 5-10 minutes of reading before I passed out at bed time. I have finished 17 books out of my goal of 25 for this year.
-       R and I celebrated 10 years of marriage. We finally took a much needed vacation, just the three of us. It was one of the best trips we have made in a long time.
-       R and I are growing up, differently but also similar in many ways. We are making consious choices about what we want in life and thinking about it more than we ever have, hitherto.
-        We have been more concerned about our health. It doesn’t help that parents have had illnesses and made us more painfully aware of mortality, both their’s and our own.
-       And best of all, I’m in a good place right now. I love my life and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

So, there. I’m back in this space. Hopefully, I will stay for a while.






No comments: